ADR Poetry Editor John C. Mannone chooses about 2 poems to be published each month and included in that month’s e-newsletter.
Note from John: “Thank you for considering American Diversity Report as a home for your poetry. Poetry is special to both ADR and to me. The aesthetics of this lovely venue is implicit in the name—American Diversity, which embraces a plethora of themes including, but not limited to cultural diversity, religious diversity, inclusion, equity and tikkun olam (Hebrew meaning repair of the world).“ CLICK to read more about John and his vision for ADR Poetry.
Please follow these guidelines for poetry submissions:
- TIMING: Deadline for submissions is noon on the 15th of each month (September – May).
- STYLE: Minimum of 12 lines. Do not repeat title as first line.
- LANGUAGE: Please use American English spelling, punctuation, grammar.
- BIO: No more than 100 words. No all-caps, e-mails, or underlining. Italicize titles & venues, but not publishers/presses.
- FORMAT: Send poem (up to 5 poems) and bio in one file attachment – one page each.
- SECURITY: To avoid receiving spam, do not include live links in the bio, phone numbers, or email addresses in your bio.
- LOGISTICS: Submissions must be in word.doc or word.docx format using Times New Roman size 12 font.
- SUBMIT: Attach submissions in an e-mail with the subject line ADR Poetry Submission to email@example.com
- ART WORK: Optional. You may submit art work/graphics, citing its origin, as jpg attachment. Note that the bottom quarter of your graphics may not show up on our template and please plan accordingly.
- ITEMS NOT PUBLISHED
- Profanity or hate speech
- Political endorsements
- Previously published poems
- Anonymous submissions
- Previously published poems
ADR TOPICS: For details and/or examples of our featured themes CLICK on …
YOUR SUBMISSION INFO
Submission to the American Diversity Report is encouraged and the guidelines make it easy for writers to participate . Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. See below for the topics that we feature. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month The next deadline is on the 15th of September. There is a summer hiatus when your submission will be held for that issue.)
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter. (Note: Poems should be submitted directly to Poetry Editor John C. Mannone: email@example.com )
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1,500 words.
- TITLE: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- SUBTITLES: Include a minimum of 3 sub-titles.
- QUOTES: Do not begin your article by quoting someone else.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- PHOTO/GRAPHIC: You may submit a visual as a jpg attachment in your e-mail submission. indicate the owner/author of visuals – you must have permission for its use.
- URL LINKS: You may include links to websites in the article, but not e-mail addresses.
- Read our Disclaimer – You retain copyrights.
C. ADR TOPICS
Preference will be given to articles that engage the key themes of the ADR. Click to see examples:
E. RULES: SUBMISSION NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO political endorsements
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
The ADR podcasts welcome movers & shakers and diverse change makers.. Use our INTERVIEW FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews
Continue reading ADR Disclaimer