JOIN THE ADR WRITERS COLONY!
Welcome to the American Diversity Report. Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month (except for the summer July-August hiatus).
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter.
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1200 words. NOTE: Poetry does not have to comply with word count but must be a minimum of 12 lines.
- TITLE & SUBTITLES: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- PHOTO/GRAPHIC: You may submit a visual as a jpg attachment in your e-mail submission. indicate the owner/author of visuals – you must have permission for its use.
- URL LINKS: You may include links to websites in the article, but not e-mail addresses.
- Read our Disclaimer – Note: You retain copyrights.
C. RULES: NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO footnote, bibliographies, or power points
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
D. ADR NEW FEATURE: BLOG RADIO/PODCAST
The ADR initiate the DiversityReport podcast/BlogRadio in 2017. Use our APPLICATION FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews