JOIN THE ADR WRITERS COLONY!
Welcome to the American Diversity Report. Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month. (NOTE: There is a summer hiatus. Submissions received in June, July, and August will be considered for the September issue.)
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter.
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1,500 words.
- TITLE & SUBTITLES: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- PHOTO/GRAPHIC: You may submit a visual as a jpg attachment in your e-mail submission. indicate the owner/author of visuals – you must have permission for its use.
- URL LINKS: You may include links to websites in the article, but not e-mail addresses.
- POETRY: Minimum of 12 lines, No one-word titles, Do not repeat title as first line.
- Read our Disclaimer – Note: You retain copyrights.
C. RULES: NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO footnote, bibliographies, or power points
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
D. ADR NEW FEATURE: BLOG RADIO/PODCAST
The ADR initiate the DiversityReport podcast/BlogRadio in 2017. Use our APPLICATION FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews