JOIN THE ADR WRITERS COLONY!
Welcome to the American Diversity Report. Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month. A summer hiatus follows the May issue. Submissions received in June, July, and August are held for the September issue. (Deadline: Sept. 15)
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter.
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Arial – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1200 words. NOTE: Poetry does not have to comply with word count but must be a minimum of 12 lines.)
- TITLE & SUBTITLES: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- Read our Disclaimer – Note that you retain copyrights.
C. RULES: NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO footnote, bibliographies, or power points
- NO Anonymous submissions
D. ADR NEW FEATURE: BLOG RADIO/PODCAST
The ADR initiate the DiversityReport podcast/BlogRadio in 2017. Use our APPLICATION FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Brainy Biz Waves Podcast: Mary A. Moore host - June 16, 2018
- Reflections of a Former Big 4 Female Partner – by Jane Malecki - May 22, 2018
- Rev. Janet Cooper Nelson: Religious Diversity on Campus - May 15, 2018