JOIN THE ADR WRITERS COLONY!
Welcome to the American Diversity Report. Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. The 2017 schedule for publication is monthly, with deadlines at noon on the 1st of each month. We will be on hiatus during the summer (July & August). The next deadline is September 1.
See our drop-down menu for the topics that we feature.
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: email@example.com New articles are announced in our monthly e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and will receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter.
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Arial – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1200 words. NOTE: Poetry does not have to comply with word count but must be a minimum of 12 lines.)
- TITLE: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- Read our Disclaimer – Note that you retain copyrights.
C. NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO footnote, bibliographies, power points, or charts
- NO Anonymous submissions
D. ADR NEW FEATURE: BLOG RADIO/PODCAST
The ADR initiate the DiversityReport podcast/BlogRadio in 2017. Use our APPLICATION FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Violence at the Congressional Ball Game - June 14, 2017
- Mother’s & Father’s Day When They’re Gone – by Deborah Levine - June 14, 2017
- Alison Gerber: Editor of The Chattanooga Times Free Press - May 25, 2017