YOUR SUBMISSION INFO
Submission to the American Diversity Report is welcome and the guidelines make it easy for writers to participate . Created in 2006 as a local-global writers colony, the ADR is a creative resource for understanding cultural diversity. See below for topics that we feature. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month. The ADR is on summer hiatus June-August. In January & February, we feature submissions about trends & analysis for 2020.
1. ADR SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: email@example.com New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter. (Note: Poems should be submitted directly to Poetry Editor John C. Mannone: firstname.lastname@example.org )
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible – so make them memorable. Don’t waste space by quoting someone else.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1,500 words.
- TITLE: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks.
- SUBTITLES: Include a minimum of 3 sub-titles.
- QUOTES: Do not begin your article by quoting someone else.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. Do not include live links in your bio for security reasons.
- PHOTO/GRAPHIC: You may submit a visual as a jpg attachment in your e-mail submission. indicate the owner/author of visuals – you must have permission for its use.
- URL LINKS: You may include links to websites in the article, but not e-mail addresses.
- Read our Disclaimer – You retain copyrights.
C. ADR TOPICS
Preference will be given to articles that engage the key themes of the ADR. Click to see examples:
Calendar Diversity Themes . (See monthly highlights)
Go Global . (See Culture & Commerce)
Inclusion . (See categories for community, leadership & workplace diversity)
Make a Difference . (See Social Issues, Going Green, Education …)
- POETRY EDITOR: John C. Mannone
- CLICK for POETRY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
E. RULES: SUBMISSION NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO political endorsements
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
The ADR podcasts welcome movers & shakers and diverse change makers.. Use our INTERVIEW FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews
- Riots & Race: Then, Now and Next? – by Deborah Levine - June 2, 2020
- Bridge memorial in the Pandemic – by Deborah Levine - May 16, 2020
- Masking or unmasking America – by Terry Howard - May 16, 2020