Diversity University provides Cross-Cultural Presentations and Interactive Workshops with follow-up online courses / coaching.
1. CULTURAL COMPETENCE
Our copyrighted methodology for producing cultural competence has been field tested and deployed in corporations, academia, government agencies, and nonprofits. The Matrix Model Management System: Guide to Cross-cultural Wisdom applies the theories of cultural anthropology and urban planning to hands-on training customized for each client. The process of creating cultural competence includes:
- Diverse Team Management
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Cultural Competence
- Managing Diverse Belief Systems & Faiths
- Going Southern: Adapting to Southern Culture
- Dealing with Historical Symbols, Icons, and Cultural Expressions
2. GOING SOUTHERN
Our workshops and presentations assist newbies to adjust to Southern culture are based on the guide, Going Southern: The No-Mess Guide for Success in the South. Customized for each client, the sessions include:
- Introduction to Southern history & geography
- Overview of Southern cultural expressions
- Communication strategies to bridge cultural differences
- Dos & don’ts for social and workplace interaction in the South
3. DIVERSITY – Religious
Cultural competence increasingly requires religious literacy in both the public and private sectors. Our workshops and presentations are based on Religious Diversity at Work: Religious Diversity in the U.S. Workplace. Published by the American Diversity Report, the book includes discussion questions and scenarios for easy use in training sessions. Customized for each client, the workshops & presentations include:
- Introduction to the legal issue involving religion in the workplace.
- Quick Reference Religious Diversity Cards.
- Strategies for calendars and holidays.
- Summary of the 4 most common non-Christian religions in the US workplace: Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism.
- Common HR issues involving religion