Real American Families
Angela McIver founded Trapezium Math, an after-school math program after completed PhD at the U. of Pennsylvania with dissertation: Understanding the Numerical Reasoning of Middle School Students. She has interviewed children all over the country about their understanding of basic math concepts and develops math materials that are both engaging and confidence-building for young children. Trapezium provides ways to teach challenging math to very young children through Trapezium Math Club®, Trapezium Math at Home® and Trapezium Math for Schools®. Trapezium gives students, parents and teachers the tools they need to build fearless, confident math learners.
As part of their curriculum, Trapezium launched the Real American Families project to celebrate the country’s diversity, especially the many faces and lifestyles that define the modern American family.
Hear the discussion:
1. Why math education needs to change in America.
2. How families can help their own children build strong math foundations.
3. How important it is to include diverse representation in math education.
- Going Green is Tough Public Policy — by Deborah Levine - July 18, 2022
- Radio Theater: UNTOLD Stories of a World War II Liberator - July 16, 2022
- ADR Submission GUIDE - July 4, 2022