Health, Healthcare and Equity
Presenters for this Black-Jewish Dialogue session included Beverly Coulter, Pastor William Hicks, and Dr. Frank Miller with facilitators: Rabbi Craig Lewis of Mizpah Congregation and Deborah Levine, ADR Editor. The discussion included descriptions of the healthcare challenges facing the African-American community and the Jewish community, as well as mutual challenges in the COVID-19 era.
The conversation included local, national and international perspectives on the healthcare equity picture:
- The incidences of specific diseases in each community through genetics and/or economics
- The affect of the environment on our health
- Local and federal policies affecting health and healthcare
- Food and nutritional challenges
- Options that communities and religious organizations can consider implementing or intensifying
American Diversity Report, Chattanooga News Chronicle, Mizpah Congregation, Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga, C.U.R.B. – Citizens Uprooting Racism in Bermuda.
- Deb Hunter Podcast – History of the Cherokee Nation - May 19, 2022
- Everett Harper Podcast: DEI Decision Making - May 13, 2022
- WINDHAM-CAMPBELL PRIZES REVEAL 10TH ANNIVERSARY RECIPIENTS - May 1, 2022