YOUR SUBMISSION INFO
The American Diversity Report has been a local-global writers colony and creative resource for understanding Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for 15 years. The ADR welcomes relevant articles and provides the following submission guidelines for participating in our mission. See our CALENDAR for featured monthly themes. The submission deadline is at noon on the 15th of each month.
Note: The ADR takes a hiatus from June = August. There is an Academic Journal in July and new submissions for the next issue in September care accepted beginning August 15.
1. ADR SUBMIT by E-MAIL INSTRUCTIONS
Please submit your article as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: email@example.com New articles are announced in the monthly issues of our e-newsletter. Authors are added to our e-newsletter mailing list and receive notification of publication through the e-newsletter. (Note: Poems should be submitted directly to Poetry Editor John C. Mannone: firstname.lastname@example.org )
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1,500 words.
- SENTENCE LENGTH: Readability scores show that sentences of 20 words or less are most likely to be read.
- TITLE: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks. Titles should be no longer than 5 words.
- SUBTITLES: You may use up to 5 sub-titles.
- QUOTES: Do not begin your article with a quote.
- URL LINKS: You may embed links to websites in your content, but no e-mail addresses for security reasons.
- BIO: Include a short profile at the bottom of your article: 50-100 words. However, live links, italics and bold fonts do not appear in your bio .
- PHOTO/GRAPHICS: You may submit up to 2 visuals as a jpg attachment in your e-mail submission. Do not send personal head shots. Indicate the owner/author of visuals – you must have permission for its use.
- Read our Disclaimer – You retain copyrights.
C. ADR CALENDAR THEMES
D. POETRY: EDITOR John C. Mannone
E. RULES: SUBMISSIONS NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO political endorsements
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
The ADR podcasts welcome movers & shakers and diverse change makers.. Use our INTERVIEW FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews