ARTICLE SUBMISSION INFO
The American Diversity Report has been a local-global writers colony and creative resource for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for 16 years. The ADR welcomes DEI relevant articles. Use of our CALENDAR for monthly theme options is encouraged.
Note: Submission deadline is noon on the 15th of the month – December & January have a deadline of the 10th.
Also: ADR is on summer hiatus from June – August.
1. SUBMIT by E-MAIL
Submit articles as a word.doc attachment and e-mail to: Deborah@AmericanDiversityReport.com New articles are announced in our monthly e-newsletter. Authors are added to our mailing list and receive notification of publication through the ADR newsletter. (Note: Poems should be submitted to Poetry Editor John C. Mannone: email@example.com )
2. ADR FORMAT GUIDE
- FONT: Times Roman – size 12
- LANGUAGE: Articles must be submitted in American or British English.
- PARAGRAPHS: Don’t indent paragraphs – space them instead. The first 5 lines of your 1st paragraph are most visible.
- WORD COUNT: 600-1,500 words.
- SENTENCE LENGTH: Readability scores show that sentences of 20 words or less are most likely to be read.
- TITLE: Do not use ALL CAPS, Symbols or Quotation marks. Titles no longer than 5 words are preferred.
- SUBTITLES: You may use up to 5 sub-titles.
- QUOTES: Do not begin your article with a quote.
- URL LINKS: You may embed links to websites in your content, but no e-mail addresses for security reasons.
- BIO: Include a short profile in the third person at the bottom of article: 50-100 words. No live links, italics / bold fonts, emails.
- PHOTO/GRAPHICS: You may submit up to 2 visuals as jpeg attachments in e-mail submissions. No personal head shots. Credit the owner/creator – you must have permission for use.
- Read our Disclaimer – You retain copyrights.
C. POETRY: EDITOR John C. Mannone
D. RULES: SUBMISSIONS NOT PUBLISHED
- NO profanity or hate speech
- NO press releases, infomercials, funding requests, sales / give aways of products or services
- NO political endorsements
- NO anonymous submissions
- NO time sensitive or event announcements
The ADR podcasts welcome movers & shakers and diverse change makers.. Use our INTERVIEW FORM to apply to be interviewed.
NOTE: ADR rules apply to interviews
- ADR TESTIMONIALS – LOTTERY! – REVISED - August 15, 2022
- Radio Theater: UNTOLD Stories of a World War II Liberator - July 16, 2022
- ADR Submission GUIDE - July 4, 2022