Daphne Jones serves on the Boards of three public companies—AMN Healthcare, the Barnes Group, and Masonite International—where she offers critical business savvy, cyber security expertise, and digital insights. Previously, she enjoyed a 30+-year corporate career at some of the world’s most recognizable companies, such as GE, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, and Hospira (now Pfizer).
Daphne has presented strategies to CEOs, boards of directors, and corporate officers, led global teams, and generated hundreds of millions of dollars of value. At GE Healthcare, she became the highest-ranking African American woman in GE IT. She was the first woman and person of color to report to the Chairman of the Board and CEO, shattering the glass ceiling at Hospira.
Daphne shares her insights and experiences in her book, “Win When They Say You Won’t,” launching in Fall 2022 from McGraw-Hill. It equips women leaders to take ownership of their careers and overcome critics to win.
Questions Daphne Jones will answer:
- When you started your career as a secretary, did you ever imagine that you would someday become a CIO and a board member at major global companies?
- Why did you title your book Win When They Say You Won’t?
- What was the hardest part of rising up the ladder as a black woman in STEM.
- Hate and the cost of silence – by Deborah Levine - February 19, 2024
- How Rosie triumphed over us all – by Deborah Levine - February 11, 2024
- Let’s bag the ultra-processed food industry – by Deborah Levine - February 9, 2024